A card deck with six mini-games for activists
Just in time for the holidays, TESA Collective’s latest collaboration has arrived: Beautiful Trouble: A Strategy Card Deck! This exciting and adaptable deck contains over 100 cards and dozens of key strategies and tactics that have inspired centuries of people-powered victories.
“A crucial resource for change-makers.”
— Archbishop Desmond Tutu, anti-apartheid and human rights activist
The cards in Beautiful Trouble were created in consultation with over 170 grassroots activists across the world, with notable contributors like Arundhati Roy and Mark and Paul Engler.
This transmedia deck also includes a digital augment: scan the unique QR code on each card to pull up an expanded version in the Beautiful Trouble online toolbox.
Included in the box are:
- 126 over-sized cards in six “suits”:
- Tactics: Flash mob? Blockade? How about a letter-writing party?
- Principles: Hard-won insights
- Theories: Big-picture concepts and ideas
- Stories: Accounts of memorable actions and campaigns
- Methodologies: Strategic frameworks and hands-on exercises
- Debates: Eternal controversies to wrestle with
- How to Play Booklet, containing rules for six different mini-games:
- Radical Charades
- Design a Creative Action
- Cards for Humanity
- Divine the Future
- Eternal Debates
Get Beautiful Trouble for the seasoned or aspiring troublemakers in your life.
Ethically and sustainably made, and domestically manufactured, Beautiful Trouble: Strategy Card Deck is a collaboration between The TESA Collective and Beautiful Trouble.
Want to get holiday season deals on our most popular games, and learn about the release of new games before everyone else? Sign up for our newsletter, or connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Also, don’t forget to check out our array of other games for changing the world!
Happy Holidays from all of us at the TESA Collective.